Friday, November 30, 2007

Assignment #6: Blogging Experience

I talked a little about my blogging experience in the previous post but tonight I'll touch on what I enjoyed (or didn't) about this project. And, what my blogging plans are for the future.

At the beginning, I was really uncomfortable with the whole idea of blogging. I admire people who can write witty on a consistent basis, but it's just not that easy. And my biggest fear was writing a mediocre, boring blog. Of course, I had high expectations: check out this blog or that blog for examples of hilarious, smart writing. Now, after three months of blogging, I've come to terms with my writing style and my blog. I'll be funny sometimes (if I'm in the right mood) or pissed off sometimes (if I'm in the wrong mood), but either way, I still write well (if I do say so myself). Besides being my own worst critic, I was nervous about writing my opinions for everyone and anyone to read. Sometimes I have very strong views about aspects of the horse-world and, to be honest, I don't really want someone telling me that I'm wrong. Stubborn? Yes. But I'm also acutely aware of everything I don't know about horses and the horse-world and I'm very willing to learn. So... I don't necessarily think my stubbornness (i.e. if you're glued to the rail, you're not actually riding your horse) is a bad thing. As of late, I've become more at ease with the whole idea of blogging. Although, I still ask myself: Why blog? (see previous post).

What I enjoyed most about this project was the ability to have place to rant and/or rave about certain topics. If I found a great article, I loved being able to share it with someone (hellooo... is anyone out there?), even if that someone was just my mom, dad and boyfriend.

I've decided (with a little encouragement from the anonymous commenter) that I'll continue to blog after this assignment is over. I have a lot of things going on (or about to be going on) in my life that will make for some exciting posts, so... you'll just have to keep reading!

Talk to you soon,
EDV

No comments: