Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why Blog?

Three days from now this Online Journalism blogging project will be officially over. After grades are in, I'll have the option of clicking the delete button or continuing to write (becoming a bona fide blogger). The funny thing is that I'm not completely comfortable with either option. At the beginning of this project I would have easily answered "delete" because I didn't want my ideas and opinions out there on the web for anyone to read. Now, after blogging for almost three months, I feel a little bit attached to what I've written - I don't want to delete the past three months, so why would I delete Breeches n' Boots? On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of becoming a bona fide blogger. I've written, regardless of readership, because it's been a class requirement. But, should I continue blogging if no one is reading? Isn't that a little self-absorbed to think people actually care what I think? I've never jumped a Grand Prix, I've never ridden on the Developing Riders Tour and I'm definitely no professional - so why blog?

Something to think about... I'll let you know what I decide. In the meantime, here is a picture of me riding Cali, one of the other trail horses (see previous post) in NJ over Thanksgiving break. Please keep in mind that I don't make a habit of riding "spotted" western horses.

Talk to you soon,
EDV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Please keep it up and definitely use more pictures if possible. Your writing what many of your peers are thinking. Thanks for the info and entertainment.