Sunday, November 25, 2007

NJ & PA Road Trip

Spending time in NJ is like a time warp for me - when it's over and I'm back in Boston, it feels like it never even happened. A couple of the reasons I love being home is because: a) it's 24/7 horses and b) there's no homework. Also, I love seeing my parents. It's amazing how much better you get along with them once you aren't living under their roof, isn't it?

While I was home, I rode a 3-year-old by L.A. Baltic Inspiration, a very talented Adult Hunter and a couple fantastic trail horses. Remember in my previous post I mentioned a "surprise"? Well, my mom and I took a road trip (one of our favorite pastimes) to PA on Saturday to look at a 6-year-old buckskin Quarter Horse (gasp!). Zeke was well worth the drive. To my disbelief, he had a very pleasant disposition and moved very correctly and even had some spring to his gait (again, gasp!). As of now, we are planning to head out to PA again sometime in December to take another look. On Saturday, we weren't able to jump that many jumps or that big because the ground was very frozen and the barn didn't have an indoor. So, the plan for December is to take him to another barn with an indoor where we can see him jump a course of 3'6". I'll definitely keep you updated.

And the award for Best Trail Horses goes to... Storm and Thunder. Storm, aka Black Velvet, is on the right, Thunder is on the left and that's my mom in the middle. In need of the perfect trail horse? Buy a Tennessee Walking Horse.

Talk to you soon,
EDV

No comments: