Monday, December 3, 2007

About Me

Now that the class requirement part of this blog is over with, all rules are off. I've been blogging for three months now, but I don't feel like you really know me. I found this survey online and, hopefully, it will give you a little insight into who I am.

***

When did you start riding?
According to my mom, I sat on my first horse when I was 2 months old. I got my first pony, Skeeter, when I was 3 years old.
Who has had the greatest impact on your riding career?
My mom and Callan Solem.
What is the best part of being an equestrian? The gratification of creating a partnership with your horse.
Favorite sport other than riding?
Snowboarding and Football (only to watch, though).
Do you have a pre-show ritual, if so what is it?
I don't have any rituals - I'm not very superstitious.
What is the highlight of your riding career, so far?
Placing second at the Vermont Summer Festival aboard Castle Rock, "Rocky," in the NAL/M&S Children's Jumper Classic. (see picture below)


What is your most embarrassing riding moment? Last week, I got jumped off an Adult Hunter - I think that tops the list.
What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome? Balancing doing what I love (riding) and doing what I must (college).
What is your favorite show?
Lake Placid.
Who is your biggest fan?
My mom and grandma. My mom is realistic and will tell me where I can improve. My grandma, on the other hand, thinks I'm pretty perfect.
What's the most important thing you've learned as a rider? It's important to "take inventory" of your horse every time you ride so that you'll notice new cuts, swelling, soreness, etc.
What advice can you give to other riders? Always be aware of your surroundings and be kind to your horse.
What are three words that describe you?
Stubborn. Aware. Kind.
What is your favorite T.V. show?
Two and a half Men.
What is one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you? I wasn't always in love with riding.
What is one thing you can't go a week without?
An animal's love (be it horse, cat, or dog).
What is your dream job?
Somewhere where I only have to work April through December. And, it must afford me enough expendable income to show at HITS Ocala or WEF from January through March.
What is your most valued possession?
My photos of friends, family and horses.
What is your best non-athletic talent?
Writing.
Who is your favorite musical artist?
Recently, I've had KT Tunstall's CD on repeat. But, Queen will always be a favorite.
What is your biggest fear?
Being an Adult Jumper for life.
What is your biggest pet-peeve? Riders who are glued to the rail.
What is your least favorite food?
Scallops.
Who would you like to take a lesson from?
Mike Henaghan or Mark Jungherr.
If you could ride any horse, who would it be? Rocher (dressage) or Cavalor Cumano (show jumping) or Theodore O'Connor (eventing).

Talk to you soon,
EDV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting and fun profile. For the record, the Adult Hunter, you refer to, was a former Grand Prix Prospect. The horse has alot of scope but not alot of speed, perfect for the hunter ring. My congrats on your ability to jump her repectably around a 3' course your first and only ride with her.

Anonymous said...

oops spelling correction in previous comment,including "repectably" should be respectably