Monday, January 7, 2008

Bring It On

Happy 2008!
Breaking News:
  • Today was the first day of my last semester as an undergrad at NU
  • I have my first interview for a post-grad job on Wed. at 4pm
  • Zeke comes to Boston tomorrow (huge smile)
  • It is only the seventh day of '08 and I'm already behind on laundry
Switzerland was a blast. We got back to our apt. on Saturday around 10pm and our luggage hasn't moved since (hence the laundry backup). I'm still a bit jet lagged (I was up and ready to go this morning around 4:30am) and am trying my hardest to get back in the swing of classes and homework. This semester I have:
  • Art of Theatre (I have no experience in theatre, nor do I want to)
  • American Elites (This class could be very interesting although the prof. is roughly 900 years old. No joke. He started teaching this class in 1970)
  • Jr/Sr Seminar: Rhetoric and Poetics (So far, my only enjoyable class because the prof. is absolutely nuts - I'm talking crazy hair AND crazy eyes)
  • Fiction Writing Workshop (I have this class tomorrow at 11:45 so we'll just have to wait and see but I'm guessing a lot of writing)
Just as last semester, this semester will have to be a balance between school, work, riding and friends. While I won't be spending hours upon hours riding horses I don't particularly enjoy riding, my days are still very booked. My top priority needs to be school, but my real drive will always be with the horses. Zeke will take about three hours a day (or however many days I make it out to the barn). My part-time job should take a couple hours a day (although I can do most of the work on Mondays when the barn is closed to allow extra time for other things during the rest of the week). School will take most of my time (bah!) but it is my last semester so at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And, there's the boyfriend, laundry and the ever-coveted "alone time" I need to keep my sanity. My "alone time" usually consists of watching the Food Network or reading trashy romance novels (although, lately my taste in books has changed. I recently read Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo and I am currently reading Basic Black by Cathie Black).

So, now that you've been (somewhat) caught up on my life... let's talk about Zeke! At the moment, my mom is body clipping him (thanks, Mom!). I am meeting her at the barn tomorrow around 2 pm. Needless to say, I am SO excited. I still am undecided as to what I want to aim towards (competitively): hunters? jumpers? adult eq.? I mean, in all honesty, my heart has always been in the jumper divisions but it might be nice as a starting off point to begin in the hunters and eq. Not that the hunters and eq. are easier, but it is a little less pressure for me because I have no record in either of those divisions. In other words, if I go in and screw up big in the hunter division I will be less disappointed than if I go in and suck in the jumper divisions. Does that make any sense?

I will definitely post tomorrow and let you know how Zeke handled the move. Maybe, I will even have some pics. In the meantime, here is one from Switzerland. Enjoy!

Talk to you soon,
EDV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

The Warrior of Light knows that everyone is afraid of everyone else.

(Manual of the Warrior of Light)


Merry Christmas!

Aart