Friday, September 21, 2007

Gearing up for CMHSS

Tomorrow, Sat 9/22, SMC is attending a Central Mass Horse Show Series show in Spencer, MA. I haven't been to this facility before but I've heard that it's a great schooling school and a lot of SMC's younger students will be going. I'll be schooling two horses, Lindy and Tara. In my previous post, I ran out of time before I was able to brief you on these two. So...

Tara: She came in with the other sale horses (Zee, Zipi, Fitz & Lindy) but the head trainer/owner of SMC Stables quickly bought her as a re-sale project. She is the most trained of all the horses and has competed at HITS Ocala and other top-rated horse shows. She is very classy (beautiful chestnut) and would make an extremely fancy Children's Hunter or Junior Hunter. I'll be showing her tomorrow in the adult hunter and schooling hunter divisions.

Lindy: She is 4 years old and has already been sold to a SMC customer. She is very mature for her age and walks, trots, canters and has just begun jumping crossrails. Tomorrow will be her second show and I plan on just riding her around the facility (getting her used to the atmosphere) and, if she feels up to it, taking her in one or two flat classes. After the show, the plan is for me to stop working her and for her new mom to take over.

On Sunday, my mom is meeting me at the barn to video Tara and Zee for potential sales. My mom and I have people in mind (back home in NJ) that might be interested in them. We also plan to free-jump Zee for the first time (keep your fingers crossed).

This afternoon, I'm heading out to the barn to ride all five horses and clean up Tara and Lindy for the show. If I have time, I'll give Zee a bath so she looks extra special for my Mom (yup... trying my hardest to have my mom fall in love with her).

I'll try to post on Sunday and let you know how the show went. Also, I'm going to try to add photos.

Talk to you soon,
EDV

No comments: