Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

Hopefully everyone had a very merry Christmas. My Christmas was fantastic. I spent time with my family and got amazing, thoughtful presents. Getting a horse (along with several other fabulous gifts including a new GPA Speed Air and a GPS system for my car) really made me realize how lucky (and spoiled) I am. I am so grateful for my parents and appreciate all their support. We didn't always get along (yes, I was a typical teenager that thought her parents were out to make her life miserable) but, I have to say, since I've been at college my relationship with my parents has been pretty wonderful. And it's getting better every year. My mom is my best friend and my Dad is my greatest support system. Feeling stressed and need to vent? I call my mom. Have a problem and need a solution? Call my Dad. It's the best thing in the world.

Zeke has been at Victory Stables, located in Colts Neck, NJ, since last Thursday and is doing wonderfully. My mom has ridden him a couple times and another friend, Kara, rode him once. I ask my mom everyday, "How's our horse!?" I am still so excited. It hasn't really sunken in yet that I own a horse! My family and I (boyfriend included) leave this Friday on a family vacation to Switzerland. When we get back (Jan. 5) my mom will bring Zeke up to Newbury Farm. I can't hardly wait.

My hopes for Zeke (and myself): Since Zeke is only 6 years old and because he is a QH it is imperative to keep him happy and healthy (mentally and physically). One option is to show him as a hunter for a little while to get some of my confidence back before moving on to the jumpers. I'm not sure how that will work though because I'm a little worried that if I got going in the hunter divisions, I would stay there. We'll see. As of now, my short term goal is to form a personal and unique bond with Zeke and show in the Adult Jumpers (M&S to help pay some bills). My personal long term goal is to compete in the Amateur/Owner Jumpers. I would like Zeke to get me started in the Lows, but if that is not an option I would love to be as successful in the M&S Adult Jumper division as I was in the M&S Children's Jumper division.

I'll definitely keep you all updated on my (and Zeke's) progress. In the meantime, here is a picture of my new boy. My Dad captured this still from the video that my mom took when we went to try Zeke for a second time a couple weeks ago.

Talk to you soon,
EDV

No comments: